Honest opinion of a '05 mustang V6? - Muscular Mustangs
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 Old 07-03-2005, 11:03 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Honest opinion of a '05 mustang V6?

I work at the local Ford dealer here, and i have heard nothing bad about the '05 mustangs except for some problems they had with the V8's on the GT's. Last weekend i took a V6 for a ride and absolutely loved it, but i want to hear it from the other side of the counter. How does it perform day in and day out? Has anyone experienced any interior rattles or shakes? Any problems with the side window regulators and so on? From what i saw and experienced Ford has really gone to extents to make the 05 something special but i'd like to be sure before i lay down the cash.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 07-04-2005, 02:17 PM
Banned

I've only heard great things about this car, but i guess we'll only know for sure in the long term. The only bad comment i've heard was that a magazine (i dont remember which one) said the convertible wasnt as stiff as they had heard other magazines claim it was.
post #3 of 20 Old 08-06-2005, 01:06 PM

My Honest opinion on the V-6

Hey there,

I have a 2005 V-6 and I love it, No probs so far...only 4800 miles, I have heard of a few problems such as stereo skipping, Whining noises from rear axle, and uncontrolled acceleration on GT's with automatic tranny and cruise, but if you want to see for yourself check out WWW.AUTOPEDIA.COM and look thru the recall notices and TSB (Technical Service Bulletins) for the 2005 stang...Lot's about the GT but only a few from the V-6 from what I could tell..Good Luck.

post #4 of 20 Old 09-20-2005, 10:37 AM

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
2006 Pony Package Mustang

I purchased the new 2006 Pony Package V6 Mustang last week and was greatly impressed. The 17" Tires and 2.5" Exhaust and the old style front fog lights have caused many people to follow me into parking lots to discuss the car. The first thing they ask is if I modified the car and I tell them it comes like this. Others think it is a modified GT. I did have a dual exhaust system added which looks like the GT and added a cold air system. 2 days ago, I raced the new sub-posed Japanese V6 (240 hp) Mitsubitie and beat it by 5 car lengths. The driver thought it was a GT and said he thought it was faster than it was. You should have seen his face when I said it was the V6 Version and not the GT. This car has everything you could need, with the 6 disc CD changer, Electric Seats, Great A/C, Fantastic Trunk Space, Great Looks, etc... I purchased the New Vista Blue with Tan Leather Interior and the out the door price, with the GT upgrades (includes the new rear sway bar) was alittle over $23,000. Buy this car. Gas mileage is great and it is fast and has great looks with the new Pony Styling.
post #5 of 20 Old 09-21-2005, 02:22 PM

Congrats on your 06Stang.

You said you've added a Cold Air Intake and Dual exhausts on your V6 , does that not void the factory warranty ? If it does NOT then I am also looking for the same mods

BTW I have a 05 V6 and its definetly a head turner

and I've not had any problems with it (its got about 800 miles)

Thanks
post #6 of 20 Old 09-22-2005, 04:24 PM
Banned

For the most part bolt ons such as exhaust systems tend to not void the warranty. Of course you could always run into a problem that has absolutely nothing to do with your bolt on and an evil dealer can try to claim it is the problem to get out of warrantying it. But again, for the most part you shouldnt have any problems with bolt ons.
post #7 of 20 Old 09-22-2005, 04:26 PM
Banned

Re: 2006 Pony Package Mustang

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17nascar97
You should have seen his face when I said it was the V6 Version and not the GT.

That's priceless. Congrats on the new car.
post #8 of 20 Old 09-26-2005, 08:09 AM

new 06stang

I asked the dealer directly about the cold air system and dual exhaust change, in fact he recommended it. The cold air kit changes the filter setup and has a new mass air meter that is installed in the same location as the old mass air meter. As long as you don't remove the cats and leave the existing air tube, The existing air tube does not have any other filters and runs directly to the intake with no restrictions, the warranty is not void. There is also companies that will re-program the computor for these additions, to make sure the readings in the system will not over compensate for the changes, and allows the system to work more efficiently. The company told me that with the changes I made and the re-program, which takes them 30 min. but does cost around $350.00, should have upped the horsepower rating to around 240hp which is 30 horse more than stock. Total investment, exhaust, mass air and reprogramming ran about $800.00. Exhaust at $ 300.00 (meiniki muffler did the system with hooker mufflers and it looks better than the GT exhaust, Cold Air kit through V6mustangstuff.com @ $ 179.00 and reprogram @ $ 350.00. These days, that seems to be cheap for 30 more horsepower. My next change will be rear end gears at around 3:55. I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05TorchRedV6
Congrats on your 06Stang.

You said you've added a Cold Air Intake and Dual exhausts on your V6 , does that not void the factory warranty ? If it does NOT then I am also looking for the same mods

BTW I have a 05 V6 and its definetly a head turner

and I've not had any problems with it (its got about 800 miles)

Thanks
post #9 of 20 Old 09-27-2005, 12:09 AM
Banned

Sounds like you got a good deal. How do you like the sound of the hooker headers?

BTW Unless you do a ton of highway driving i'd suggest 3.73's over the 3.55's. Almost everyone i've ever known who went with the 3.55's said they wished they'd had gone with 3.73's. Then again, alot of those who went with 3.73's, wish they'd gone with 4.10's but that's pushing it for a street car.
post #10 of 20 Old 09-27-2005, 09:25 AM

mufflers

When I had the Hooker Mufflers installed they sounded great at Idle. The one thing I found was that the trunk space has no sound deadening in it. The resonance was alittle annoying until I installed sound deadening insulation in the trunk and fender well areas. Out the back I also found that when you first take off it has a puff puff sound until the V6 starts to breath, then the sound is deep but does sound like a V6. I was told that, with the 2.5" exhaust the car came with, it takes alittle bit for the V6 to create back pressure through the large pipes, thus the Puff sound at first start. I learned to live with it as it wasn't quite what I was looking for but I didn't want the loud sound like some mustangs have. They also told me, unless I purchased Basically through mufflers, they would all Puff when I first start out at a normal acceleration. With 2 less cylinders it doesn't push as much air as the V8 until the RPM's take over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quick5pnt0
Sounds like you got a good deal. How do you like the sound of the hooker headers?

BTW Unless you do a ton of highway driving i'd suggest 3.73's over the 3.55's. Almost everyone i've ever known who went with the 3.55's said they wished they'd had gone with 3.73's. Then again, alot of those who went with 3.73's, wish they'd gone with 4.10's but that's pushing it for a street car.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Muscular Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page