1988 to 1993 Turn signal/Windshield wiper swap PROBLEM - Muscular Mustangs
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 Old 12-28-2006, 03:58 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
1988 to 1993 Turn signal/Windshield wiper swap PROBLEM

I am "trying" to replace my 1988 turn signal with a 1993 clean new turn signal but I have an issue (yes, Mr. question after question) All the plugs are the same and lights work fine but the windshield wipers have a different connection but yet have the same plug....does anyone (or has anyone) attempted this? It looks like I can just move the wires in the plug but donít know what to move where? Maybe this time I can stump someone...I can take a picture of the signals to show the very small difference in the two...its like 3 wires...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 12-28-2006, 04:31 PM
Banned

mustang windshield wiper motor swap

So the plugs are different? Did one have intermittent wipers and the other didn't or was it just that they changed the plug?

If the plugs are different and the colors of the wires are the same then you should be able to just swap plugs.
post #3 of 17 Old 12-28-2006, 05:52 PM Thread Starter

Yeah, everythings the same but the posts inside the housing are different...I try and let you know.

post #4 of 17 Old 12-28-2006, 06:32 PM Thread Starter

OK do you have a wire diagram for a 1988 that shows what wires control what? Then I need a 1993 models because there are some that are marked the same but a few are not....its the same amount of wires but its like a puzzle to put them all in different spots..
post #5 of 17 Old 12-28-2006, 09:57 PM Thread Starter

I have a 1988 that the turn signal was about to dry rot of and its springs were shot, so figured it was time to buy a new one...I purchased a 92 turn signal but have run into a real problem.

All the harnesses matched right up but the windshield wiper had a different plug to wire set up...so being the rocket scientist that I am "in my own mind" figured it would be as easy as pushing the tab on the back of the wiper harness and moving some wires around. well I have completely screwed up....and now I donít know what wire goes where....

does anyone have a picture or diagram of the windshield wiper wire harness that plugs into the wiper arm for a 90-93? even a hand drawing would work to tell me what color wires goes where....thanks I'm new to this forum and hope someone can help.
post #6 of 17 Old 12-28-2006, 11:47 PM
Banned

ford mustang windshield wiper swap

I have a haynes manual for the 87-93 Mustang around here somewhere, tomorrow I'll look for it, scan the diagram (if its in there) and post it.
post #7 of 17 Old 12-29-2006, 08:51 AM Thread Starter

I think I found both diargams...see my next post for a good website.
post #8 of 17 Old 12-29-2006, 03:32 PM

Yes I have tried it and it didn't work. I got the plugs to go in but none of the lights worked and the windshield wipers had a mind of their own so I just left my old one there. Try the yellow container of armoral protectant wipes. I used those on my faded turn signal lever and it made it black again! Looks great now.

Bright Regetta Blue 1988 Mustang GT 5.0

White 1996 Mustang GT
*Flowmaster 40 series catback
post #9 of 17 Old 12-29-2006, 09:07 PM Thread Starter

I got it to work!!!!

If anyone needs help doing this please shoot me a note and I'll give you instructions...
post #10 of 17 Old 12-29-2006, 09:30 PM

If you know how to do it then can you help me? I still have an absolutely perfect one from a '93 LX four banger and it would look better than the faded one I have now.

Bright Regetta Blue 1988 Mustang GT 5.0

White 1996 Mustang GT
*Flowmaster 40 series catback

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Muscular Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page