User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 05-24-2008, 04:47 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hypertech [Power Module 'dip switches'] Help Please

Hypertech chip/modules dip switches
Just wondering if anyone has knowledge of the dip switch settings/positions for the hypertech modules. I have gotten one from ebay and it didn't work correctly when installed so I moved the dip switches all to the up position and it seems to work right now. I am wondering though, if I did something to the tune of hypertech or did away with it all together. I would really like to know what these switches change/do, not just to know what I did to make it run right but what I may have undone...
I called their tech support [which wasn't very helpful] and they said that the switches need to all be in the same position but one. They couldn't/wouldn't tell me which that was, said it was specific to the tune...Which I see but should have a default for the part number [you would think]. I am assuming that from what the tech told me at hypertech [that the dip switch settings are specific to tune] that all on should mean that all options they have programmed into the chip are now on [hopefully].

I have spent much time on this and have turned off [1 @ a time] most of the switches. I have found that best result come from #6 being off. It was the first one that I tried that didn't sound like a hesitation on throttle snap. The rest gave a slight delay when snapping the throttle, and great hesitation sometimes to the point of it bogging down [falls on her face] and the wheels that were spinning catch and then it takes off. I did a couple of test runs on a back street behind my neighborhood and after turning #6 off I found that it did get rid of allot of the hesitation; when I got into it stayed with me instead of bogging out and then hitting a power band.

Pic of power module [the 'dip switches' are on the far left]:

I am obviously going to stick with this and I will keep the thread up to date with my progress, but I am really taking stabs i the dark here without an air/fuel monitor or dyno/scantool to know whats gong on. If anyone has any input on these hypertech ford power modules please let me know. I know that someone somewhere has to know what the dip switches are for and what they control. Thanks for any information/advice in advance

1994 Mustang GT coupe
-302 5.0L H.O
*-GT-40 Intake *-70mm BBK T/B *-C.A.I
*-1 5/8" Shorties *-BBK O/R X-PIPE
*-Air Pump Removed/89.5" Belt
*-FR 9mm Plug Wires
*-Pillar Mount Vacuum/Oil Temp Guages [white]
*-'03 Console Upgrade [Cup Holders WooT!]
*-HyperTech power Module
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 05-24-2008, 05:53 PM
Banned

Thats strange, I didn't realize they even had those switches on them. I tried doing a quick google search but didn't come up with anything.
post #3 of 4 Old 05-25-2008, 12:45 AM Thread Starter

Yes I have searched for a couple of days now and no results anywhere to be found... I know someone out there has tinkered with these switches, I can't be the only courageous one willing to test and tune with a hypertech power module

1994 Mustang GT coupe
-302 5.0L H.O
*-GT-40 Intake *-70mm BBK T/B *-C.A.I
*-1 5/8" Shorties *-BBK O/R X-PIPE
*-Air Pump Removed/89.5" Belt
*-FR 9mm Plug Wires
*-Pillar Mount Vacuum/Oil Temp Guages [white]
*-'03 Console Upgrade [Cup Holders WooT!]
*-HyperTech power Module

post #4 of 4 Old 01-04-2010, 03:50 PM

Re: Hypertech [Power Module 'dip switches'] Help Please

Wow I have searched everywhere trying to figure out what each number may be, but nobody knows.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Muscular Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page