This topic is for discussion of the following:
http://www.muscularmustangs.com/2005/news0001cobra.php
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 03-20-2005, 07:16 AM

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Thats cool. Finally some official word on this car. I can't wait until it comes out.
post #3 of 21 Old 03-20-2005, 10:09 AM

tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock
time is going so slow

post #4 of 21 Old 03-20-2005, 08:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So it seems that MotorTrend was right about the name. LETS HOPE THEY WERE RIGHT ABOUT THAT 550 HORSEPOWER TOO!!!

George
"Sometimes you have to teach a brat a lesson"
- Pro Stock driver Warren Johnson after defeating Dave Connolly at the Moper Mile-High NHRA Nationals
post #5 of 21 Old 03-23-2005, 12:33 PM

Can't say I fell in love with it when I saw it. It oddly doesn't have quite the same effect on me that I thought is would have. Maybe if it wasn't designed as a "Shelby", it could've looked better. Now for some ranting...The front end shouldn't have been re-designed to look so sleek. It takes away so much of the muscular appearance the GT has. The hood is quite disgusting also. I have never really liked any scoops (especially non-working ones) on the hood of any Mustang, and these ones are just ugly. A forward-facing scoop (WRX style) would've worked perfectly for this car. Also, on the rear, the Shelby logo is WAY TOO BIG along with the little spoiler which is also too big...with the spoiler and the large lettering, it looks almost like a cartoon. There's other things probably, but whatever. Anyway, its a new generation Mustang and its appearance overall is amazing. The classic Cobra on the left side of the grill brings back some non-existent (to me) memories and it does still keep that awesome heritage design that just pulls me in more and more every time I see it. And no matter the appearance, the horsepower is like a magnet. With "more than" 450 horsepower (I heard it was close to 500), this GT500 grabs me by throat and chokes me until I can't help but stare. Even though Ford could've done much better, this is good enough
I never thought I would say this, but the Cobra no longer looks better than the GT. That sucks.

George
- Pro Stock driver Warren Johnson after defeating Dave Connolly at the Moper Mile-High NHRA Nationals
post #6 of 21 Old 03-23-2005, 01:31 PM

asdf
post #7 of 21 Old 03-23-2005, 01:33 PM

SHELBY

What a Joke. It's a Cobra not a Shelby. You can't dump a Cobra engine in it and add some stripes and the words GT500 and call it a Shelby. It needs rear window and rear quarter louvers. That Cobra front end looks comical. I hate that fucking ****!

If I was Mr. Shelby I would not allow it!!!
post #8 of 21 Old 03-23-2005, 02:40 PM Thread Starter
Banned

I think the performance factor of this car is absolutely awesome. Huge brakes, solid rear, six speed trans, and that insane motor. But i also have problems with the looks of this car. I'd like to see it in another color though before i make any real judgement as i'm not a fan of red/white stripes.
On a side note, somebody in another forum said the front end looks like a sad puppy dog...HA
post #9 of 21 Old 03-23-2005, 04:49 PM

Well, I got bored this afternoon and felt like messing around with some GT500 photos. I got rid of the Shelby lettering on the back and in a different one I added an extremely cheesy SVT and Ford logo on the rear-end. Horrible Paint Shop Pro material, but meh...felt like posting something

The original http://www.geocities.com/muscularmustangs/cobragt.jpg

Second version http://www.geocities.com/muscularmus...obragtdiff.jpg

Cheesy third version http://www.geocities.com/muscularmus...bragtdiff2.jpg

George
post #10 of 21 Old 03-23-2005, 05:00 PM

GT 500

Would look nicer with GTR/ 2003 Mustang Concept Tailights. Some of the aftermarket ducktail spoilers have a more intergrated streamline look. I hope there is a roof, hood, and trunk stripe delete option. The redesigned front and hood looks great.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Muscular Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page