|Interesting Automotive Facts and Important Dates
OTHER AUTOMOTIVE FACTS
- The Corvette was debuted on January. 17, 1953
- In 1916, 55% of all cars were Ford Model T's.
- The first cars did not have steering wheels. Drivers steered with a lever.
- The first recorded speeding ticket was issued in 1902
- The first car radio was invented in 1929
- The 'PEANUTS' (comic strip) characters were first animated in a 1957 commercial for a Ford Fairlane.
- Top Fuel Dragsters leave the starting line with the same G-Forces as when the NASA Space Shuttles leave their launch pads.
- Top Fuel Dragsters and Funny Cars use 4-5 gallons of fuel in a single quarter-mile run
- From a standing start, Top Fuel Dragsters accelerate faster than a fighter jet
- Top Fuel Dragsters wear out a set of rear tires within 2 miles.
- Nearly 20% of all stolen cans have keys in them.
- QUOTE: "if everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti
- The total cost of the exhibits at the North American International Auto Show in Detriot comes out to over 200 million dollars.
- The Detroit Auto Show started in 1907. It has only been called the North American International Auto Show since 1989, though, which is when they added the addition of foreign companies.
*More facts will be added when we find them*
*If any of these facts are not true or you have some to add, E-mail me