Muscular Mustangs

Muscular Mustangs (https://www.muscularmustangs.com/forums/index.php)
-   4.6L Tech (https://www.muscularmustangs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Accufab throttlebodys are they worth the money? (https://www.muscularmustangs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104)

cmrokllr1 02-14-2005 08:29 PM

Accufab throttlebodys are they worth the money?

Hey everybody, i haven't been here for a while. I DID finally get an '03 Cobra (black!). I'm looking to get a throttlebody for it and was wondering if anyone thinks the accufab ones are worth the money? They are $579
Is it worth the money?

04GTdd 02-14-2005 08:45 PM

IMHO, NO.
Alot of people tend to think that the more something costs the better it is. You'll always hear everyone raving about how good their accufab throttle body is. This could obviously be because their parts are good, then again it could also be that nobody wants to admit they spent way too much on something.

Accufab tends to distinguish themselves by making beautiful looking billet parts. Which is fine if you building a show car, but why spend the extra cash on something that is not going to make a difference? If the difference in cost was just a little I might say go for it, but the difference in cost is what, $200 from a BBK? That is totally outrageous!

Besides that a friend of mine said the machining on his accufab throttle body was horrible and that they refused to replace it. This is also where I got the idea that most people "don't want to admit they spend way too much", because I suggested to my buddy to complain about this on all of the forums but he refused because he didn't want to "look like an ass because he spent too much money on a junk part" HA HA HA

Be afraid, be very very afraid and stay far far away!

quick5pnt0 02-14-2005 09:42 PM

Personally, i've never bought anything from Accufab, but when you say that they wouldn't replace your friend's TB i totally believe it. Let just say that i've had a run in with their "friendly" customer service and would never buy anything from those guys. :?

cmrokllr1 02-24-2005 08:19 PM

Thanks for the replys! I think i'll go with something else. 8)

2001 Yellow GT 04-20-2005 08:04 PM

I happy with mine.

My BBK whistled a little.

cmrokllr1 05-04-2005 09:11 PM

thanks again for the reply
i havent bought any yet because money has been tight

05-26-2005 03:16 PM

I prefer my Trick Flow plenum and TB...cost me way less that Accufab and works just as well.

bloshtup1029 05-08-2008 07:59 PM

I have Professional Products T/B and I/P and they gave me the same power advertised by the other makers.