90 GT rough idle and no power - Muscular Mustangs
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 02-09-2010, 11:04 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
90 GT rough idle and no power

So i bought this mustang sunday it kinda idles, is really cold blooded, has no power at all a 2.3 mustang will spank this car. so far ive replaced plugs wires, plugs, cap and rotor, tps, and fuel filter. all these helped but it still idles rough and has no power. i also set the tps voltage to .98. the P.O. said he adjusted the timing but didnt pull the plug when he did it so im thinking i need to buy a timing light and set that. this car has so many problems i alsmost don know where to start after i get it running right.

any ideas on how to repair the floor cause the drivers seat is ripped out of the floor and i really dont want to pull the carpet and weld in a new section
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-04-2010, 11:16 AM

Re: 90 GT rough idle and no power

I had the same problem with my '93. unplug the mass air sensor and see if it get better. The idle will still be rough but the lack of power and throttle response will be back to normal. after that you can either clean the sensor or replace. Be careful cleaning it as it is a very thin wire.
post #3 of 3 Old 05-01-2012, 11:33 AM

Re: 90 GT rough idle and no power

I also have idling problem whenever my car starts with cold engine. I have the best plugs replaced the wires, It usually starts well but a couple of minutes later it starts to idle weird.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Muscular Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page