User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 15 Old 10-24-2010, 12:29 AM
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Re: 94 mustang cobra code 172

That's the idle air bleed screw. I've never had to mess with mine but you read how to properly set it here: http://www.ehow.com/i/#article_6802878

1. Loosen the jam nut on the throttle stop screw located on the passenger side of the throttle body. The throttle stop screw on the Mustang is not adjustable from the factory. If the non-adjustable screw has been replaced with an adjustable screw, it is necessary to reset the throttle stop.

2.*Insert a .010-inch feeler gauge between the throttle stop screw and the throttle lever. Tighten the screw, using a small screwdriver, until it just contacts the feeler gauge. Remove the feeler gauge, turn the screw an additional 1 1/2 turns and tighten the jam nut to hold it in place.

3.*Disconnect the idle air control valve, located on the driver-side of the throttle body, by unplugging the electrical connector. Start the engine and allow it to run for two minutes. It may be necessary to hold the throttle open slightly to keep it running during this time.

4.*Turn the idle air bleed screw, located on the throttle body near the idle air control valve, using a small screwdriver until the engine idles at 675 revolutions per minute, or RPM. Snap open the throttle body and readjust the idle air bleed screw if necessary.

5.*Turn the engine off and plug the electrical connector back into the idle air control valve. Replace the black rubber plug on the idle air bleed screw. Test drive the Mustang to verify the surging and stalling problems are fixed.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 Old 10-24-2010, 01:11 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via Yahoo to psychocreationz

well 94 cobra at least on mine has no stop screw on the throtle side its just a threaded screw so how would you adjust that sucker? and also one of the steps says to snap open the throtle while the car is running im suppose to open it all the way up and see how it runs? or does it mean something else kind of confused on that part of the test, any ideas?

Martin
[email protected] PSYCHOCREATIONZ
post #13 of 15 Old 10-24-2010, 01:37 AM
Banned

I think the threaded screw has a nut on it. If you loosen that nut you can turn the threaded piece with a pair of pliers and then lock that nut back down when you get it set.

As for the other part, what they mean is to blip/goose the throttle open real quickly, let it settle back down to idle, and see where the idle is at.

post #14 of 15 Old 10-24-2010, 02:14 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via Yahoo to psychocreationz

Ok one more question if my TPS Aand the idle screw and IAC is out of adjustment would that be a possible cause for the obd 1 code 172 to keep on coming up on my cel?

Martin
[email protected] PSYCHOCREATIONZ
post #15 of 15 Old 10-24-2010, 02:45 PM
Banned

Not certain but I doubt that would trigger that code.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Muscular Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page