Stalling Issue '86 GT - HELP!!!! - Page 2 - Muscular Mustangs
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 27 Old 03-29-2005, 07:32 PM

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Timing light must be off, eyeballed it and advanced another 6 degrees(acording to my crappy light) and now it runs smooth!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 27 Old 03-30-2005, 01:45 PM
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yea, sometimes if a timing light is a cheap brand, is old, or has been bumped around (or dropped ) they can be off by alot.

I'm glad its running good for you, thats awesome!

post #13 of 27 Old 03-30-2005, 02:37 PM

CRAP!!!!! I JUST HAD IT TOWED TO MY SHOP... I was merging onto the highway this morning and had it wrapped up in 2nd and went to shift to third and the motor stalled out.... kinda odd... i couldnt get it to restart for the life of me! Hopefully James can get it in shape for cheap... i have no clue what could be causing this crap

post #14 of 27 Old 03-30-2005, 08:28 PM

That sucks! Then there has to be some type of intermittent wiring problem some where.
post #15 of 27 Old 03-31-2005, 02:02 AM

I used to work for this shop (Bolt's Auto Repair, Littleton CO) if your down here, good people... James Bolt isnt afraid of anything (in the auto field... his wife is a different story...) He's going to look at it first thing in the AM... My lady's jeep is actualy there getting a clutch done right now and he did a rear main seal for the cost of the part for her too(38 bucks)... good people, ill know the problem by morning and pick it up and start turning wrenches!
post #16 of 27 Old 04-01-2005, 01:25 AM

Holy Heyzues! Went into the shop today and the gear on the distributer is striped on one side!!! Cam gear looks the same.... I guarentee theres at least one messed up bearing and the motor will need to be taken apart... This is more proof the Checker/Kragen/Schucks is worthless.... 3 days and 90 miles and their crappy reman distributer killed my motor... I have a meeting with the manager of the store and their district manager in the AM... With any luck they will be buying me a new motor, paying to get it put in, paying for a rental car, and paying the tow bill to the shop! If not, this is going to court! Im PISSED!!! Its great because i used to/when i need cash work at Bolt's. That way i can rape em for every penny they owe me(including labor). Way to go Checker! you just bought a new 347 stroker for me!
post #17 of 27 Old 04-01-2005, 03:44 PM

Now their saying that they the manufacturer will take 8-10 weeks to reemberse me if they deem that the parts indeed are messed up... i cant afford to fix it all myself! i cant afford to have no car for 8-10 weeks... i called the manufacturer and they said that they wont even cover all the labor costs at normal shop rate, they said they would just cover some of the parts too, not small parts such as bearings and fluids or gaskets... AND they wont give me a rental car, when i asked the lady on the phone why, she said "i dont know, its just policy"... I WILL NEVER GO THROUGH CSK AUTO AGAIN!!! as i sit now, i have no car, no money to fix my car, no money for a rental... any thoughts or ideas? i think lawyers may be getting involved soon...
post #18 of 27 Old 04-02-2005, 01:05 PM
Banned

I dont know the specifics, but i do know that if you use the wrong material cam gear with the wrong cam it will strip very quickly. I dont really know what type of cam gear should be in there, or what kind they gave you but i'd be willing to bet they gave you the wrong type which stripped and messed up your motor. That sucks!
Personally, i'd say you have no other choice but to get a lawyer and make them pay for it all. If they gave you the wrong part, then they are liable for it and everything it destroys in the process. Its total BS when they say they wont pay for stuff like gaskets, WTF....if the gaskets have to be changed when you pull the motor apart to fix the problem they caused then they have to pay for that too.
That sucks, sorry to hear it.

post #19 of 27 Old 04-03-2005, 06:04 PM

You should sue the pants off them, they are crooks!
post #20 of 27 Old 04-03-2005, 06:11 PM

I was just thinking about it, and I had a similar problem with a local garage about ten years ago. They sold me a set of tires that had cracks in them. One blew out, and the wheel got messed up. At first they refused to fix it, claiming I must have run something over, but you could see that all of the "BRAND NEW" tires were had cracks all over them.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Muscular Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page