Muscular Mustangs

Muscular Mustangs (https://www.muscularmustangs.com/forums/index.php)
-   5.0L Tech (https://www.muscularmustangs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Stalling Issue '86 GT - HELP!!!! (https://www.muscularmustangs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139)

04-03-2005 07:14 PM

cracks? in tires?

quick5pnt0 04-03-2005 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stanger189
cracks? in tires?

I second that, what do you mean "cracks"??? Do you mean like when they dry rot? If that was the case, then the shop who sold them to you was total scum, the tires were probably years and years and years old.

Did they reimburse you for the busted wheels and those ultra special super turbo dry rotted brand new tires? :lol:

04-04-2005 01:11 AM

thats pretty messed up man! selling you rotted tires...

when i was first calling around looking for prices on the distributer, they were offering cast iron, and steel gear distributers. i checked the one i pulled and it was cast iron, so thats what i went with...

cmrokllr1 04-04-2005 08:14 AM

yep they were really dry rotted
god only knows how old they must have been

quick5pnt0 04-04-2005 05:30 PM

That's insane. They're lucky the only thing needing replacement was a wheel, and not a whole car, or worse. That's definately a sign of a bad business.

08-05-2005 11:00 PM

Re: Stalling Issue '86 GT - HELP!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deadsound
odd stalling problem with m6 '86 GT... heres the issue... i was driving home the other day and turned a corner and the motor just shut down... i couldnt get it to start, it just cranked! i had my buddy crank the motor while i held a screwdriver between the coilwire and the distributer.... i was not getting ANY spark... we waited on the side of the road for about an hour and the car started to cool... i was about to call a tow truck and i turned the key and the car started right up!!! i figured it was my coil going out... i started driving and got about a mile down the road and it died again! I waited another hour and it started back up! made it about 20 feet and it died... Tow truck took me home :-( once i got home i went to napa and picked up a coil, put it in and the car started and ran for about an hour b4 it died... ok... now im getting pissed!!! i called my local shop and they said it was the ignition module... i went ahead and got a new one and installed that yesterday... car idles and runs smooth as ever now, but is still dead after an hour... wth could be going on?!?! im stumped now :-( the car is getting gas... it runs when cool but not hot... what could it be!?!? HELP!!

Check out my reply on 8/5 to "sick child-re:won't start when hot". Don't spend any more money like I did until you try this less-than-an-hour-at-no-cost possibility. Worked for me big time!!

08-06-2005 08:55 PM

It was the hall effect sensor.... i already fixed it /w a new distributer... on that note, i would recoment replacing that thermostat with a new one... its probably not a great idea to leave it out...