help scare of rice burner's - Page 2 - Muscular Mustangs
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 29 Old 04-26-2005, 05:10 PM

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Back on topic... depending on where you live and the kinds of noise restrictions... I have found that a good set of headers, a great x pipe(retain your cats if your running a stock intake manifold and t-body or stock cam) and no mufflers... either exit it out the tail like stock, or out the side like my car. but if you do go w/o mufflers, make sure you sucking enough air into the car balance everything out... thats my big problem(g'darned stock intake manifold...)

remember, balance is the key! if your running 3 inch pipes from the headers back /w no mufflers or cats and dumping out the sides, but you still are completely stock on the intake end or running a stock camshaft(if you have one or the other you may be fine /w stock diameter tubing for the exhaust if you keep your cats) your definately not running nearly the back preasure in the system you need, and the car will probably sound cool, but run 16's all day long and get eaten by stock civics and eclipses and other "crap"...

In my most honest recomendation... i would upgrade your headers, then your intake manifold and t-body next... that will give you alot of punch and a pretty good sound. after your motors sucking in alot of air(big cam, ported heads) then open that exhaust all the way for a nasty tone and a little breathing room... for now, your probably fine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 29 Old 04-27-2005, 01:58 PM

I agree balance is the key. Adding just exhaust or just intake wont do much by itself.
You can make the car sound louder and try to scare them off, or just spend that money on a nice nitrous system and humiliate them.
post #13 of 29 Old 04-28-2005, 08:56 AM

mmmm, gotta love the laughing gas! just make sure your injectors and fuel pump are upgraded if you run more than a 75 shot(24lb injectors instead of stock 19)! no more than a 125 in a stock motor, just to be on the safe side....

you feel i pretty good difference even with a 50 shot, thats what i had on my carbed 351w powered bronco on 37"s.... made for a good little extra boost up the rocks, and if some ricer tried to get me getting on the highway it was a good way to "merge efficiantly"

post #14 of 29 Old 04-28-2005, 03:40 PM
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
That must have been a **** of a ride, nitrous and 37" tires!!!

I'll give my vote to getting a nitrous setup. I'd much rather beat them, then just scare them. Besides that most of them will want to race you even if it sounds like a top fuel dragster. Just be careful with the nitrous. 100hp shot will give you more than enough power to kill 90% of the ricers you'll run across.

post #15 of 29 Old 02-18-2006, 07:53 PM

do you want flowmasters or LOUD

i'm getting tired of hearing the same parts on every 5.0L mustang. were losing respect but if you want near open header sound that vibrates the windows of the coffie can car the use a bullet dynomax muffler they only quiet your car down by a few db's. makes a very loud street car even with cats.

WARNING: don't run these mufflers without cats if you have a hearing aid, loud stereo(can't hear it), girlfriend, fear of being pulled over, or if you trying to build one of those street sleeper deals(wheres the fun in being quiet?)
post #16 of 29 Old 02-19-2006, 01:30 PM

You may want to add more power and actually beat them then they will leave you alone.

MtyTalon does 10.5 1/4 mile runs so you better get lots of HP.

But most kids running honda's can easly be beat with 400 hp to the wheels.
post #17 of 29 Old 02-19-2006, 02:23 PM
Banned

Well you could say that about anything. I know a guy with a "street" car that runs 8's, so a 10 second car would be considered slow compared to it. The reality of it is that you'll always find somebody faster.

As for needing 400hp, i have to disagree. To beat most kids in hondas all you need is a stock Mustang. I used to beat civics left and right in a totally stock 225 hp Mustang GT....oh and did i mention it was an automatic with 2.73 rear gears? That's not saying there aren't fast civics out there, but i've found that the majority have nothing more than fart mufflers.

post #18 of 29 Old 03-31-2006, 11:37 AM

a good set of timing gears instead of a chain will make that motor sound as nasty as you want lol...sound like a supercharger on steroids..it will whine like youve never heard..but that may make them want to see what you got ..like everyone else says exhaust and all that good stuff...i myself dont like Nitrous...by the end of one summer spraying ..you could of put that money into a good supercharger..and be done..I run make unequal shorties mac off road x pipe..2 chamber flowmasters...stock motor and a novi 2000 at 18 lbs of boost..and i can tell you...there isint much that can take me..sure as **** not a honda ,or any ricer in fact unless they have a fortune under there hoods..oh and i still run my lovely 2:73 gears on an aod..whatcha think about that lol..

havent been on the track yet..so i have no numbers to show..but i can say its a fun ride being held into the seat =)
post #19 of 29 Old 03-31-2006, 09:26 PM

i'll give SOME imports credit, as a 93 integra was my first car, but most of them are jokes...i'm only runnin a crane 284 cam/lifters, headers, 40 series flowmasters, stock 3.25's on a full spool rear end and a few other little things, but nothin strikes fear in the heart of a honda like a mustang w/ stupid lopey cam in it...you hear one cylinder pop every 5 minutes
post #20 of 29 Old 05-06-2006, 12:53 AM

2.73?

Got any pic's of that car 69mustang

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Muscular Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page