need to know what else to add on for mods(90lx) - Muscular Mustangs
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 09-30-2005, 11:54 PM

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
need to know what else to add on for mods(90lx)

hey i need to know what other mods i need to do to my car.. tto tell you the truth im just starting to really learn about it..i have a 1990 lx htchbk. i have an x-pipe, flowmasters, bbk headers, msd ignition and wires, 3:73 gears, cold air intake, underdrive pulleys, b&m short shifter, and the sweetest pair of 250, 45, 16 inch yokohama(bran new) low profile tires...if any suggestions on whats next that would be awsome..my engine was just rebuilt like 6500km ago and i was also wondering if it was possible to add on a supercharger, superchip, or even some nos to it without hurting it.. thanks for your time
mike lowrey.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 10-01-2005, 07:48 AM

Yes! You can absolutely go with a supercharger. Stick with one in the 8-10psi range and you will no problems. You can go all of the way up to a 14 psi supercharger but that is really pusing it.
You also have the option of going with a nitrous kit. A 100 horsepower shot will give you more power without sacrificing durability.
post #3 of 4 Old 10-01-2005, 01:53 PM
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I wouldn't suggest going with a superchip if you are going with nitrous or a supercharger. Most superchips raise the timing to increase throttle response, but when going to a power adder you will need to do the exact opposite, remove timing.
After you get your supercharger find a local performance shop that can burn custom chips. Then go to them and have it dyno tuned with the supercharger. Not only will it improve the hp your supercharged motor makes it will also help with durability as they can check to make sure there are no lean spots in the rpm band.

post #4 of 4 Old 10-02-2005, 09:17 PM

ya tuning is key i have my car may too lean with the chager right now and iwhen i am on the throttle the car heats up instantly make sure everything is tuned right it is half the battle

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Muscular Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page