3.55 or 3.73 - Muscular Mustangs
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 10-22-2005, 05:57 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
3.55 or 3.73

So to the guys out there what should i go with 3.55 or 3.73, i was talking to a guy that had both and told me that he liked the 3.55s better because he didnt have to shift into third to hit 100km/h(60mph) versus the 3.73 which you did. Any truth do this, keep in mind this car will be street driven with lots of highway and only see the track once in a while
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 10-22-2005, 06:18 PM
Banned

Literally, everyone i've ever talked to who picked the 3.55's said they wished they had gone with the 3.73's.

post #3 of 5 Old 03-15-2006, 06:46 PM

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)

i have 3.73s and there not much fun in traffic. you must take turns in third(often at very low rpm) or be really loud in 2nd. 1st gear will only take you like 8 feet so while your shifting to 2nd everyone around will still be in first and leaving you unless youre really racing. same goes for 3rd. in my humble opinion you should go with the 3.55 or even better 3.27.

post #4 of 5 Old 03-15-2006, 06:52 PM

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Re: 3.27

Quote:
Originally Posted by TENGRAM
i have 3.73s and there not much fun in traffic. you must take turns in third(often at very low rpm) or be really loud in 2nd. 1st gear will only take you like 8 feet so while your shifting to 2nd everyone around will still be in first and leaving you unless youre really racing. same goes for 3rd. in my humble opinion you should go with the 3.55 or even better 3.27.
i think the point i'm trying to make is that for real city driving, with the traffic and stoplights and such, 3.27 will be more fun. on the other hand, of course 3.73s will be faster, and if you live off a farm road or in a rural area go big, maybe even 4.10. i know the view i hold is an unpopular one but those in the know, macperformance for example, often agree with me.
post #5 of 5 Old 07-31-2009, 08:49 AM

Re: 3.55 or 3.73

I just put 3:73 in mine, and I love em. You can roll through stop signs in second if you want, and growling from stop light to stop light in 2nd lets you (and everyone else in the neighborhood) enjoy the full range of that 5.0 rumble.

The rule of thumb is, put 3:73 in an automatic, put 3:55 in a stick.

If speedometer correctness is important, go with 3:55. You can get a dead on accurate gear. You can only get "close" with 3:73 (unless you have a 6 tooth tranny drive gear)

I recommend 3:73.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Muscular Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page