vaccum - Muscular Mustangs
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 07-05-2006, 10:41 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
vaccum

ok, this is the first of many questions but is the most important to me. I have been running an aftermarket cobra upper and lower in my mustang for quite some time now and am experiencing a strange situation. I put a new motor in my 1990 lx b4 driving it to kansas, specs, 302 from 98 explorer, gt40p heads, 77mm mas air, ads superchip, 70mm tb, 1.7 roller rockers, and a e303 cam. It also has a msd 6al and a blaster2 coil.and headers h-pipe and flomasters. i drove the car all the way there with no problems (with the stock mass air in place)...replaced when i got to kansas w the 77mm. my problem is this, when i replaced the stock injectors w the motorsport 30lbers i must have inadvertantly forgotten to connect the vaccum hose that attaches to the front side of the cobra intake just to the right of the throttle body. so i drive it like this for 500 or so miles b4 realizing that it isnt connected, now when i connect it the idle will not stay constant and it will rev to about 1200 and down to 400 or so a few times then die. i can peddle the car to keep it going long enough to get on the road but ass soon as i push in the clutch its doomed. so hit me w your best shot, and ask any questions u may have
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-30-2006, 07:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
COMMON

Sounds like when the vaccum line was off it had plenty of extra air for proper idle so when u pluged it up the air flow was cut short, Try these few steps ok i have been here and done this. Clean the idle air valve with brk cleaner, and check the two wires on the MAf meter for oil bulid up from a cold air kit if there clean debre, then crank the car up and un plug the Idle air valve wire and set your Idle where you want it, then adjust the tps to .97 volts, or close to it, then shut the car down and remove the neg battery cable for at leat 20 minutes, after 20 minutes plug the idle air back up and battery, then start the car and it should idle fine.

I went through a simialr deal with my car. anytime you tear one down and have loss of battery voltage for a length of time u need to re-set everything.
Thanks, let me know, Travis Ivie Ivie Performanve Automotive

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Muscular Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page