Calling all mustang fans - Muscular Mustangs
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 08-14-2006, 01:02 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Calling all mustang fans

I am in need of your help. I have a 1998 3.8L coupe. I have decited to up grade to a V8. BUT I don't know which one? I was thinking a 5.0 302, but then found out that they are only 225HP, and I am already at 215HP with my V6. I have heard that the 1999 thru 2004 4.6 has 260HP. The biggest problem is money. I dont have the money to go buy a 06' 4.6L So I need something powerful, affordable, and not impossible to find. Also does anybody know if my frame will be able to handle? I dont want to finish the car then bend the frame, anf crack the paint, cuz it is too powerfull. let me know what you think.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 09-15-2006, 08:57 PM

The frame will handle it , but the suspension won't. Best bet is to find a donor '98GT. A more affordable/less hassle way is to sell the V6 and buy a GT.

'87 GT with a battery
post #3 of 5 Old 09-20-2006, 06:40 PM

Re: Calling all mustang fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98Stang
I dont want to finish the car then bend the frame, anf crack the paint, cuz it is too powerfull. let me know what you think.
thats what sub frame connectors are for.

post #4 of 5 Old 09-21-2006, 08:35 AM

i agree with 87hybrid, the best way to go is to sell the six and buy a gt. if you really want to do the conversion, go with the 302 (5.0). stock it only had 225 but it has so much potential to make alot more power. parts for the 302 are easy to find and for the most part wont break the bank. once again i dont recomend it, the first car that i built was a 65' coupe. it was a stock 200 straight six and i thought that it would be fun to convert it over to a late model 302. boy was i wrong, i spent so much money converting the suspension, brakes, transmission and engine that i could have easily bought a nice gt. you should really think it over. remember, its not just as simple as putting a different engine in the engine compartment. at minimum you will need the engine, transmission, suspension, computer/harness, motor mounts, rear-end (recommended) and all the hardware. so consider the hassle and think about the gt. 8)
good luck
post #5 of 5 Old 09-21-2006, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by codmac
i agree with 87hybrid, the best way to go is to sell the six and buy a gt. if you really want to do the conversion, go with the 302 (5.0). stock it only had 225 but it has so much potential to make alot more power. parts for the 302 are easy to find and for the most part wont break the bank. once again i dont recomend it, the first car that i built was a 65' coupe. it was a stock 200 straight six and i thought that it would be fun to convert it over to a late model 302. boy was i wrong, i spent so much money converting the suspension, brakes, transmission and engine that i could have easily bought a nice gt. you should really think it over. remember, its not just as simple as putting a different engine in the engine compartment. at minimum you will need the engine, transmission, suspension, computer/harness, motor mounts, rear-end (recommended) and all the hardware. so consider the hassle and think about the gt. 8)
good luck
or keep the 6, buy a gt with no motor and drive the 6 till the gt is done.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Muscular Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page