lifter size - Muscular Mustangs
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 10-22-2006, 08:05 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
lifter size

well i had a dumb attackthe 91 gt came with roller lifters right? well all i need to know is what size roller rockers i need to get ie stud size and if its pedistal mounted rockers or not. my mustang is in ohio and i'm in new orleans i just wanted to order the parts now so i could work on it when i got it. thank you for your help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 10-23-2006, 10:25 AM

to answer your first question, yes, it has roller lifters. the stock heads use pedistal mounted rockers, you can get a set of 1.6 ratio. if you wanted to get stud mounted, you would have to have the heads machined to fit the studs.
post #3 of 6 Old 10-23-2006, 06:30 PM Thread Starter

what about a set of 1.7 that would gove a .030 more lift and also i am looking at a set of chrome moly one piece push rods but it says for use with guide plates will it work without them? if not what kind of pushrod should i get? also i know i need new springs. the motor has 98000 miles on it. should i get duel springs of just stock ones i was looking at a set of ford racing duel i also want to put a e303 cam in the block. thank you for the help

post #4 of 6 Old 10-24-2006, 02:09 PM

yes you could use 1.7 rockers and that would work fine with the e303 camshaft, you just have to watch your piston to valve clearance if you start going to your more extreme cams. as far as the push rods go, if it says that they use guide plates, then you must use guide plates. i'll put a link at the bottom to a good set of ford racing pushrods. i just rebuilt my block and i used these and there all you'll need. ok, now the springs, you will want to use dual springs since your upgrading the cam. the dual ford racing springs will work great. what exactly are you building this car for, street, street/strip or drag?

http://store.summitracing.com/egnsearch ... =1&N=700+0
post #5 of 6 Old 10-24-2006, 03:29 PM Thread Starter

street/strip just to get started at somw point i will put gt 40 heads on but not yet to much money. but just looking to build up the valve train a little bit. so this is my list

ford racing 1.7 roller rockers
e303 cam
ford racing push rods
ford racing dual springs

should i just leave the valves or get new ones?

i don't think the stock e7 truck heads have guide plates so i am stuck with just reg pushrods right?
post #6 of 6 Old 10-24-2006, 08:17 PM

i sent you a link to summit for a set of ford racing pushrods, there really good rods. the stock valves are ok as long as there in good shape. what kind of gt40 heads are you looking to get? when i rebuilt my block i bought a new set of aluminum gt40 tubo swirls and they are the most kickass heads. but if your talking about a cast iron set then you can get a good set for about 500 bucks. well just let me know if you have any more questions let me know, im always happy to help a fellow stanger. good luck, codmac

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Muscular Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page