Type of exhaust? - Muscular Mustangs
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 12-26-2006, 12:25 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Type of exhaust?

I'm definately changing the catback on my car but I do not know what to put. I have Hooker Super Comp equal length shorty headers, Flowtech Offroad X-pipe, and two 2 1/2 40 series welded into the stock 2 1/4 catback. I want the loudest chambered sound I can possibly get. I know if you put SLP or Magnapacks it will be really loud but it will sound like straight pipe which is not what I want. I want the sound of a Flowmaster but amplified much louder. I have heard Bassani sounds almost like a flowmaster and is much louder but they only sound good on the 03/04 SVT Cobras. People say Bassani makes a Mustang's drone sound like its on steroids but it only sounds like that on a 4.6 and not a 5.0. I want the most powerful drone I can get with rear exiting tailpipes and a chambered sound. Sound clips would be very much appreciated! Thanks.

I pretty much want it to sound like this (Bassani catback not cats). Maybe I sould consider a SVT Cobra swap into my car .

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea ... =859690911

Bright Regetta Blue 1988 Mustang GT 5.0

White 1996 Mustang GT
*Flowmaster 40 series catback
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 12-26-2006, 09:33 PM
Banned

Bassani mufflers do sound pretty awesome but I have never had the chance to actually drive a car with them installed. I've always loved the sound of Flowmaster two champer (American thunder) mufflers myself.

post #3 of 6 Old 12-27-2006, 11:21 AM Thread Starter

I love the sound of the Flows too but they just aren't loud enough for me! This car is only a weekend cruiser so I could care less if I can't even hear the person next to me, we'll just talk when the ride is over . Is there any combination of headers and midpipe that will make the 40 series any louder? Right now I have Hooker super comp equal length shorty headers and a Flowtech offroad X-pipe. Maybe I should just consider running SLP or Magnapacks. Is anyone familiar with Pypes Exhaust?

Listen to the yellow convertible in this video. And I thought some of the Stangs I have heard around my house were loud!

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea ... 1270190269

Bright Regetta Blue 1988 Mustang GT 5.0

White 1996 Mustang GT
*Flowmaster 40 series catback

post #4 of 6 Old 12-27-2006, 11:44 AM
Banned

****, that thing sounds like a Ferrari.

A friend of mine had an extremely loud Mustang at one point, the **** thing sounded like a dragster, but it was mostly a combination of a pretty high compression ratio and big exhaust. (full length headers, three inch exhaust that went straight to flowmaster mufflers and then downturns)

Just for the **** of it, why don't you try contacting that guy on myspace and see if he knows what exhaust that car had on it?

post #5 of 6 Old 12-28-2006, 07:52 AM

Not a big fan of the X-pipe sound (unless there's a blower whine to go with it) but you'll be hard pressed to find something louder than Flowmaster.

'87 GT with a battery
post #6 of 6 Old 02-03-2007, 12:30 PM

Dam ,shoulda went with a Kenne Bell.I went with Basani x and no cats ,it's real loud and sounds awesum.But to be honest if there's no real HP they sound like s**t.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Muscular Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page