Muscular Mustangs

Muscular Mustangs (https://www.muscularmustangs.com/forums/index.php)
-   5.0L Tech (https://www.muscularmustangs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Courtesy Lights always on (https://www.muscularmustangs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=802)

pfhannan 11-18-2007 06:43 PM

Courtesy Lights always on

Both of my Courtesy Lights are always on, the on/off switches don't work, pulled the fuse, and hoped it would reset, where should I look to find out how to turn them off

87hybrid 11-18-2007 07:19 PM

Look at the door post switches, or if you don't need them at all, just pull the bulbs.......

pfhannan 11-18-2007 08:02 PM

the ones on the mirror

quick5pnt0 11-18-2007 11:32 PM

What he means is that one of the switches in the door jam is not working. They're pretty easy to change, you usually just need to unscrew it, switch the wire and put it back in. I think you can check to see which one it is by unscrewing them and grounding out the wire (touch it to a bare metal area) that goes to the switch (assuming there is only one wire).

pfhannan 11-19-2007 08:52 AM

it seemed to come on when I changed the mirror to night drivind, can I unplug the connection at the mirror?? I tried, but afraid of breaking it, any thoughts on it?

quick5pnt0 11-19-2007 08:55 AM

I can't picture what the connection to the mirror looks like but I'd assume that there is a plug along the way. Does it disconnect from the back of the mirror? If so then you should be able to just turn it off.

BTW Are you sure it's not that you're dimmer switch is turned all of the way on making your interior lights stay on?

pfhannan 11-19-2007 08:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This is the Mirror connection

quick5pnt0 11-19-2007 09:02 AM

Yea you can unplug it right from there. Just be careful not to put any weight on the mirror itself otherwise it might pull off.

pfhannan 11-23-2007 07:28 AM

Mike,
I finally unscrewed the switch, and pulled it out about an inch, and it unpluged. The switch has no wire attached, but is a female 3 contacts. what I see in the door jam is about 1/4 inch of snylon shielding, in which I can't pull out any more to even see the male part of the connection. Looks now I have to pull more apart to even plug it back together. any thoughts?
paul

Quote:

Originally Posted by quick5pnt0
What he means is that one of the switches in the door jam is not working. They're pretty easy to change, you usually just need to unscrew it, switch the wire and put it back in. I think you can check to see which one it is by unscrewing them and grounding out the wire (touch it to a bare metal area) that goes to the switch (assuming there is only one wire).

quick5pnt0 11-23-2007 02:11 PM

I'll have to look to see if I can find a wiring diagram for that. I was thinking of older cars that use a switch with just one wire on it, but it sounds like the Mustang is a little different.

Edit: I looked but couldn't come up with diagram for that.