Muscular Mustangs - View Single Post - Raw Horsepower or Supercharger, which is better?
View Single Post
post #15 of Old 03-30-2005, 09:38 AM

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSlowLX
Quote:
Originally Posted by HURTNEM
What type of blower is on the 03-04 Cobras? I thought Ford used Vortechs, but I'm not sure.

Also, doesn't the Mach1 have the same exact engine as the Cobra except it doesn't have the Supercharger? If so, I could put a Blower on the Mach1 and have the same performance as the Cobra, right?
03 and 04 Cobra have Roots style Eaton superchargers. Mach1's do not have the same engine as the Cobras. Although they are both DOHC, 4 valve engines, the Cobra engines are way better than Mach 1 engines. First of all Mach1 engines comes with a 10:1 compression ratio which is way too high if your gonna run boost on that engine. 03-04 Cobra engines are designed to withstand a tremendous amount of HP. For example, one of my friends installed a ProTurbo Kits turbo on his mach1. Guess what?, his engine didnt last that long. So he went and bought an 04 cobra shortblock. Now his car is running like a champ, soon to go up on the boost.
Do you think the same thing would've happened if he'd put a Supercharger on the Mach1 instead of the Turbo? I know people who get Superchargers installed on factory Mustang GTs, so I can't imagine someone having a Mach1 and not being able to put a Supercharger on it.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome