User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 07-19-2012, 10:57 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
1969 V8 Mustang repairing manual

Hey!

i need some help with Mustang repairing... Few days ago i bought old as me 69's Mustang V8 for restauration.

I really need any repairing manual for this V8, especially for engine, but can't find any working download link on Google. I searched other few mustang forums for information but no one can't help me with that...

Maybe anyone can help me?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-19-2012, 09:49 PM

Re: 1969 V8 Mustang repairing manual

I'm just starting myself, not so much the engine thing though. Log onto napaonline.com and search for manuals on your car. There are a few, Hanes & Chilton for maintenance/repair, another was just for engines. I choose the Chilton and it's fine so far. I have always bought a Hanes for all my vehicles. Good luck!
post #3 of 4 Old 07-20-2012, 12:12 PM Thread Starter

Hi, thanks for your link.
I finally found not broken link to download. It's for 64-73' year V8 Mustangs and it is FREE, hope it fits to me. Sharing a link, hope it will help to other mustangers
http://www.fordmustang.in/manuals/ford- ... al-haynes/

post #4 of 4 Old 09-27-2012, 04:42 PM

I used to search for and purchase all three of the Haynes, Clymers and Chiltons books available for every vehicle we owned as one or two would always have missing or omitted info, or one would have a helpful diagragm that the other doesn't.

Being the only trained (and capable) wrench-turner in the family at this time, I'm 'in charge' of maintaining and repairing the 20-some vehicles in our "family fleet" so having the correct info when I need it is very important.

Here's a good place for Factory Service Manuals and other hard to find related Specification Books and Unit Repair Manuals-
http://www.faxonautoliterature.com/
If they don't have it, they'll look for it and contact you when they find it.

I've purchased several factory manuals from this place through past years either because they were the only place that had them or they had the best price. Beware of DVD copies seen on ebay or amazon, some may be okay, but I've found that many are missing certain info or are so scattered in the files that you may spend more time looking than what your time is worth.

I recently got a full factory set for a '79 Lincoln Versailles from Faxon and then they also found the supplimental books to the full set as well for me, which are about impossible to find anymore but contain certain specs or info is not mentioned in the bigger books... so at times, ya' gotta have 'em. Especially for rare cars like this with limited production.

Having these books when selling a car also boosts the sales attraction since it's often considered an "added bonus" because the buyer either doesn't have to find the books themselves or it may assure them a bit more about the proper care and service of the vehicle if they are added into the sale price and included with the purchase. I've done this a few times and was able to get the price I wanted by including the Factory books we had for it.

I got all the Factory manuals along with the Factory Assembly ones too (approved copies) for my '67 Coupe from Faxon. So I have all the technical info I would ever want about my car for a ground-up restoration or just how to fix anything on it without guessing where it is to find the part, the procedure to access it, the specs to test it and/or how to replace it.

Forums are great for sharing experienced info or for getting answers on some odd problem, but Factory books (or approved copies) are very well worth the investment for having all the correct info right there in front of you.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Muscular Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page