type of mustang - Muscular Mustangs
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 11-17-2006, 09:52 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
type of mustang

i recently purchased a 67 fastback with all the orignal drivetrain, but was wondering if anyone knew what the t-5 emblem on the dash stands for .thanks,jason
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 11-18-2006, 04:53 PM

From what i remember the T5 was for export to germany,
As all late 65 and later Dearborn and Metuchen built cars usually have a body buck tag on the inner right or left fender or beside the cowl under the right fender on 71-73 Dearborn Mustangs, the buck tag is one of the best items to start identification of a real T5, however also here inconsistencies have been found.

64 1/2 through 66 T5s are tagged with an X (for export) only on the body tag, 67- 68 T5s have a tag with "X W. GERMNY T5", on 70s to 74s a "T5" or also a "X T5 W Germny" was found on their ID tags or buck tag.
Looks like you got a rare car there jason,
Hope this helps.

Neil
post #3 of 5 Old 11-19-2006, 09:54 PM

Just be careful that some idiot didn't just put a vintage Borg Warner T-5 transmission emblem on your dash. Scams are everywhere!

Bright Regetta Blue 1988 Mustang GT 5.0

White 1996 Mustang GT
*Flowmaster 40 series catback

post #4 of 5 Old 12-20-2006, 10:19 PM

vin numbers

i have a 1970 boss 302 with 11 digit vin. i know what the first 5 digits mean, but i had a question about the other 6 digits. I am trying to find the number of the car, cause i know how man where made that year. well i wpuld appreciate the help
post #5 of 5 Old 06-02-2007, 01:38 AM

Re: vin numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1970 boss
i have a 1970 boss 302 with 11 digit vin. i know what the first 5 digits mean, but i had a question about the other 6 digits. I am trying to find the number of the car, cause i know how man where made that year. well i wpuld appreciate the help
That would be consecutive unit number, and it starts out with the number 100,001, I believe, but that is for all mustangs. Now I got this from the page for my 87 mustang GT. I called Ford Motor Company some years back, and gave them the vin of my 69 mustang, and they returned a letter to me that listed just about everything you wanted to know on your particular car with that vin number. It is very interesting. You might want to give that a try also. Here is a link to the vin plate of your car. There are many websites out there that can decode the whole thing for you. Just do a search for 1970 mustang vin decoder.

Richard

http://www.musclecardrive.com/vin-decod ... ecoder.php

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Muscular Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page