Mustang Monthly AUGUST ISSUE BY HOLLY CLARK - Muscular Mustangs
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 07-08-2005, 03:21 PM

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Mustang Monthly AUGUST ISSUE BY HOLLY CLARK

Just wanted to let everyone know that the Mustang Monthly Issue that just came out, was actually written 3 years ago... before the 2005 Mustang Was released.

Due to editing..it sounds as though my father didn't like any of the Mustangs. You can read the similar story online here with MuscularMustangs.com.

The comment had to do with the redesigned Falcon..that was set to go into production before dad got to Ford and designed Mustang I. Dad's designs were similar to the Mustangs that came out in 1969 and 1970. He had Mach Ideas and much of his design style can be seen in the GT40.

I feel like, with my research, dad would like the 2005. Of course, by now, if he was alive, I can't imagine how far advanced his designs would be. Probably something without gas/oil. He was VERY "Green Peace" concious, and wanted to keep Nature beautiful... Hence his love of the WILD MUSTANGS as he went across Nevada to California in 1958.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me..even by phone: 903 452 4934 or Email: [email protected]
Thanks for the use of the Forum on this subject.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 07-09-2005, 01:40 PM
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My brother was just telling me about this. Do you feel they represented him in a bad way? I'm going to see if i can get this issue tomorrow so i can read it for myself.

post #3 of 6 Old 07-11-2005, 04:04 PM

Mustang Monthly

I don't think that dad was really represented in a bad way.. I wrote the article..and up to the last paragraph, it left out some stuff..but it didn't change the idea of the article..except that dad wasn't happy with the Mustangs to follow. I actually said something to that end..but then I qualified it with the reason behind it...which goes along with what we have been talking about... The prototype was created AFTER the Mustang ( redesigned Falcon) came out in April 1964. Dad was just so far advanced in his ideas..and not very patient...so he was disappointed when he was asked to design something that would be road and track worthy ..and get Ford back into Racing..which they had pulled out of due to politics...That is another future story...but that is why the sports car for road/track was created.. the MUSTANG.. So dad, PHIL CLARK, already had this idea...and finally had a place to put it out...FORD... when they decided to use all the left over Falcons parts...and didn't have enough time to actually get a new sports car out/MUSTANG in April 1964, dad was disappointed... He was part of a Marketing scheme of Iaccoa's..a GOOD one. They took his design around to colleges...and where the younger people hung out..and pushed buying the "Mustang" ..by the time the 1964 1/2 came out...it was SOLD..everyone had to have one no matter WHAT it looked like. Dad felt it was deceptive...and didn't like being a part of what he called "politics"... Most people don't know it..but there were TWO Mustang I's. One with an engine..one without.... the one without was flown all over America to get people to want something new, different...the Mustang. Interview someone in College in 1962 1963...they would have bought the Mustang ...just for the name. The Marketing Scheme worked.

HOWEVER...Dad's ideas actually came out in the next couple of years...MUSTANG COUPE (Fastback) and Mach... he also created the 2+2 idea... some of his ideas went into the GT40... and others... some of Dad's ideas can be found everywhere...STILL TODAY IN 2005!... and he was gone in 1968! To be so far advanced that production can just now keep up with the ideas.... wow. Phil Clark.. was certainly a design Genius.

BY THE WAY: If Mustang Monthly had sent back the article for me to proof read before printing.. I could have caught this...instead..well thanks for letting me use your site! HOLLY CLARK

post #4 of 6 Old 07-11-2005, 04:21 PM
Banned

We went out yesterday to look for that issue, but after searching four stores we wound up empty. Next time i'm out i'll see if i can find it then.

post #5 of 6 Old 07-27-2005, 02:48 PM

Mustang Monthly

I have a few that I bought at the bookstores here. I have them in my ebay store..if anyone just happens to want one.

eBay Store - http://stores.ebay.com/BODY-BY-CLARK-Mustang-Maniacs

BODY BY CLARK Mustang Maniacs: Mustang Collectables, Phil Clark Art Work, Holly Clark's writing

or for info.. www.mustangmonthly.com
post #6 of 6 Old 06-09-2008, 10:05 PM

Donald Farr and Mustang Monthly are still supporting PHIL CLARK... after all these years..they are on the only one that accepted the Story...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Muscular Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page