The Car Connection has written an article on tuning the... - Muscular Mustangs
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 02-18-2005, 06:48 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The Car Connection has written an article on tuning the...

This topic is for discussion of the following:
http://www.thecarconnection.com/index.asp?article=8126

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 02-18-2005, 06:53 PM Thread Starter
Banned

There are a few things about this article that annoy me. First off he states at the end that the next generation Cobra's live axle "is ditched in favor of an independent rear suspension". Now i'm not sure if he made a mistake, and got the two mixed up, or if he's totally clueless and didnt know that the SVT Cobra has had IRS since 1999.

One other small annoyance is that he recommends upgrading the motor mounts with the 400hp you'd get from the Supercharger. Again, is this just a clueless person or is he in on something i dont know about the 2005's? From what i've heard Saleen has been using stock motor mounts in their 500hp cars forever. Is there something about the '05 motor mounts that i dont know about?

post #3 of 8 Old 02-18-2005, 07:04 PM

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
I know nothing about the 2005 motor mounts, but I do believe that person who wrote that article is clueless. Why? Because he states somewhere in the article about three choices you have to gain more power. "bolt on a supercharger, drop in a new engine or wait for the Mustang Cobra to arrive in 2006"
Now I will admit that choice #1 and choice #3 make sense. Bolt on a supercharger, or just wait until the Cobra comes out. Fine. The problem I had was with the "drop in a new engine" part. Sure the technically minded millionaire could buy an '03 Cobra motor, or the new "Cammer" engine and throw that in there but how realistic is that? This isn't the 60's anymore, people don't tend to just throw larger "new engine" in cars these days. At least not for the most part, and more specifically not with mod motor Mustangs.

post #4 of 8 Old 02-19-2005, 02:07 AM

HA! what a goof!
post #5 of 8 Old 02-19-2005, 04:24 PM

me? :?
post #6 of 8 Old 02-20-2005, 05:44 PM

LOL, no the goof that wrote the original article.
post #7 of 8 Old 02-24-2005, 09:24 PM

but wait i'm not sure about other years but i know the cobra has independent rear suspension from 2003-up, didnt this guy know that?
post #8 of 8 Old 02-25-2005, 03:10 AM

That is what quick5pnt0 was refering to. The cobra had IRS since 1999. Sounds to me like the person writing this article didnt know that and got things mixed up.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Muscular Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page