New Pony Package Photos - Muscular Mustangs
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 37 Old 07-15-2005, 07:18 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
New Pony Package Photos

This topic is for discussion of the recently released photos of the new Pony Package
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 Old 07-17-2005, 09:30 PM

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
There was a time when the GT would be a no brainer. Like when I bought my 89 gt vert. Now 3 kids under 3 changes my priorities on many things. When I saw the first pics of the pony package I was hooked. That windveil blue pony looked just right. I am ordering mine this week. Any tips about ordering would be great, DORA, order priority etc. TIA
John
post #3 of 37 Old 07-17-2005, 10:49 PM
Banned

The only tip i can give is to find a dealership you are comfortable with. Goto your nearest dealer and see how they treat you and how you get along with them. If they seem unwilling to negotiate, or if there's the slightest hint they are trying to overcharge you walk out and find another dealer. The last thing you want is to order a car with a dealership you dont trust or like.

Good luck with the purchase and let us know how you like the car!

post #4 of 37 Old 07-18-2005, 09:31 AM

Thanks for the reply. My credit union has a certain dealer they use so thats where I started. They are the only one near me with 06 pricing and actually know about the pony package. They told me the best they could do was msrp because of the market. This would be the first new car I ever paid msrp for so I am a little hesitant. I told them I could pay cash but they said sticker was the lowest they would go. The other dealers in my area said they sell for sticker price also but had no 06 order info yet. I am in suburb of chicago if anyone knows a dealer willing to cut a little off for cash purchase. I really like this pony so I'm leaning towards just ordering it as it would be their first 06 mustang order. Should I push for a higher priority or just take what they assign to it?
post #5 of 37 Old 07-18-2005, 09:20 PM
Banned

Well, if you can get a higher priority then i cant see why you wouldnt want to, but then again i'm not sure the dealer has any leverage or control over that.

post #6 of 37 Old 07-19-2005, 05:56 PM

I did it today. Windveil pony w/black stripe. Automatic, Charcoal leather and interior upgrade. They gave it a priority 10 and said end of Sept at latest..... we'll see about that i guess. I should probably register on this forum now that I'm a Mustang owner again. No more minivan or wifes saturn unless weather is bad! I have the VOC and dealer # so how long should I wait to call and see build information?
Thanks for the quick replies.
post #7 of 37 Old 07-19-2005, 07:18 PM
Banned

You can call whenever you want. I believe i heard that the order info goes directly to ford the same day so you may be able to call to get any info you want right now. September sounds like a pretty quick order from what i've been hearing. Good luck with the new ride!

EDIT: I just read in another forum that Ford pulls orders from their order bank every thursday to plan for the coming week. So call the 800 number below on fridays to see if the car is about to be built. I'm guessing if they gave you a sept date for delivery there wont be much info on it for a while.

post #8 of 37 Old 07-19-2005, 07:22 PM
Banned

BTW
Here is a number to check build info....
1-800-962-3746.... You will need your dealer code, order number, model year, and body style code. The body style code is T82 is for V8's and T80 is for V6's

post #9 of 37 Old 08-30-2005, 12:25 PM

06 New Pony Package

The new Pony Package for 2006 is really nice...but too bad they didn't add at least another 30-40 HP to the V6 engine...
post #10 of 37 Old 08-30-2005, 11:28 PM
Banned

By the way....
Although Ford hasn't released any other images of this car, there are already a number of them for sale on ebay.
Pony Package on Ebay 1
Pony Package on Ebay 2

Attached Images
File Type: jpg c9_4.JPG (54.4 KB, 1349 views)
File Type: jpg 4d_4.JPG (52.5 KB, 1339 views)
File Type: jpg b7_4.JPG (46.5 KB, 1367 views)
File Type: jpg 16_42.JPG (48.9 KB, 1313 views)
File Type: jpg 0c_42.JPG (43.4 KB, 1284 views)
File Type: jpg 4a_4.JPG (47.2 KB, 1296 views)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Muscular Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page